Saturday, May 22, 2010

LACE IT UP

I am starting to use ribbons in a different way on my layouts. I keep on doing the same old run the ribbon across the page thing, so i decided to do something different.
For this layout I again have used KaiserCraft papers. Reminisce Collection is a BIG favourite of mine as it's so versatile with many layouts I have done, whether it is a vintage layout or a boy layout.
To make this layout you will need 3 double sided papers, I used KaiserCraft Reminisce papers, chipboard, chipboard title, 2mtrs of 3mm ribbon, ink, flowers and a brad to secure.
  • For the base I used Treasure and I inked the edges with brown ink.
  • I then cut a circle approximately 11in using Recollect. With a corner punch I then punched a scollop edge around the circle. In each scollop I again punched a small hole for the ribbon to slide through later. Again I inked all edges.
  • Cut a piece of chipboard to measure 7"x5", then cover it with My Love, using the brown side and making sure to get that lighter pattern piece onto the chipboard. This will hold your photo later.
  • With a piece of scrap paper, cut yourself a shield shape. Use that as a template and trace out the shape onto your striped paper, Hold Dear. Ink the edges.
  • With your scolloped circle cut it about 1/3 from the edge. You can then adhere this to one side of your page, making sure not to cover the holes.
  • With your left over piece adhere it to the opposite side, making sure the holes line up as your don't want your ribbon looking lop-sided.
  • Once these are both in place, start threading your ribbon through the holes. You can either do it from the bottom up or the top down. Tie in a bow and leave some to hang.
  • Place your diecut shield shape onto your striped paper and place your flowers on top.
  • With your 7"x5" piece of covered chipboard, place foam tape underneath and place onto the larger circle. This will hold your photo. I've also distressed the edges to give it a bit of life.
  • After inking your chipboard title, using pritt gel adhere it into position on your page. If you are like me you can add some dimensional magic to the title to make it stand out.

Instead of using a shield diecut, I cut out a flower and foam mounted that onto the smaller circle. If you can't find the right chipboard title, why not punch out your title using co-ordinating papers and glue them into place.

Happy scrapping....


No comments:

Post a Comment