Friday, April 30, 2010

Wall Hanging

I love doing off the page projects. Whether it be clear albums, wood abums, explosion boxes, tins....I just love them all......
I took a fancy to KaiserCrafts Long Ticket Album shape, but I didn't want to do an album, as I couldn't get my head around the whole ticket thing....don't ask...it's just me lol...
So I decided to do a wall hanging.
I am so very very pleased how it turned out that it takes pride and place in my shop.
So many people have commented on it, have copied it and have even asked to buy it.
Urban Prairie was the series I used as I just love the blues and browns of the papers.
I used pritt power gel glue stick to adhere my papers to the album. Inking is a big thing for me so of course I inked anything and everything that I was putting on this wall hanging.
Rubons are great to use on your photo's. It's great if you just want something subtle and yet eye catching on your photo's. Don't be afraid to use rubons on your pictures, you'll be presently suprised by the end results.

Chipboard inked to match the papers were also used to highlight flowers and draw attention down the whole wall hanging.
For the back, I used a matching cardstock and covered each piece. I then layed ribbon down each side of the wall hanging and adhered these into place with pritt gel and an extra piece of cardstock over the top of each ribbon.

These wall hangings would be great gifts for anyone. I am actually in the process of doing another one so I can take this one home and have one permanently in the shop.

happy scrapping girls...

No comments:

Post a Comment