Friday, April 30, 2010

KaiserCraft Pack Your Bags Cards


My classes are doing very well indeed. It still surprises me that people like what I do.
I haven't done any scrapbooking at all and I've got classes this weekend.
I'm sure I'll get to them soon enough.
Spellbinders are such a necessity for any kind of paper craft I think.
They can make a plain area come to life with piecing smaller frames inside larder ones and using your double sided foam to pop up the centre.
At first I stamped each work in black....stood back and then thought...."no it doesn't do it for me"....
Is this what card makers do?....stand back, access, then fix?
I decided that it needed to be gold. So instead of stamping the words out all over again, I used my versamagic pen and carefull wrote over the words, sprinkled gold embossing powder, then heat embossed it. This was the finished product and you wouldn't know that it was black to start off with.....

I wanted to use a border punch for this card as it opens up from the side. Nothing too showy but simple so it could be given to a male. I inked my edges with jumbo java, my favourite colour, and using the pack your bags stamps, stamped a compass then gold embossed it.

I also raised the centre to give the card a bit of dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment