Friday, April 30, 2010

KaiserCraft Cards

Well they came back for more and I had to deliver.
I am starting to enjoy this card making business.
I'm sure i'll have a brain blank soon enough and won't know what to do, but until then I am having a ball making them.
KaiserCraft is a favourite of mine. The papers are just stunning and with them being double sided, you get endless possibilities when it comes to matching your papers.
I decided to do my next group of cards with KaiserCraft Argentella.
Gorgeous black & white...my favourite.



Here are the 3 finished cards. When I make cards I usually gut my 12x12 base paper twice, thus giving me 3 cards. First cut is a 4" strip. Then I cut the other half in half. Giving me a 4"x12" strip and two 6"x 5" pieces.

I stamped the black base card with versamagic then sprinkled clear embossing powder over it. After heating it with a heat gun, I ended up with the great background. Sometimes a bit of subtlety goes a long way. A nice border punch adds a bit of texture to the cards open edge.

I didn't have any black embossing powder so after I stamped the flowers onto white cardstock, I quickly sprinkled clear embossing powder over the wet ink and then heat embossed it. It worked a treat and looks like I've used black embossing powder.


Again I used the same technique as before by using clear embossing powder directly onto the inked bird cage before heat embossing it. I pleated some scrap paper I had left over and did an eye catching pleat down the side of the title. If you can't pleat or want an easy way of doing it, cut 1" x 1/2" strips and add 6mm double sided tape to one side. Overlap each piece so you end up with a pleated look.

Happy cardmaking....
p.s...my classes are getting more popular now....

No comments:

Post a Comment